* Significantly eased field-testing controls of genetically engineered crops.
* Cut federal spending on libraries by $39 million.
* Cut $35 million in funding for doctors to get advanced paediatric training.
* Cut by 50% funding for research into renewable energy sources.
* Revoked rules that reduced the acceptable levels of arsenic drinking water.
rules that would require federal agencies to offer bilingual assistance
speaking persons. This, from a candidate who would readily fire-up his Spanish-speaking
skills in front of would-be Hispanic voters.
to eliminate new marine protections for the Channel Islands and the coral
northwest Hawaii. San Francisco Chronicle, April 6, 2001
* Cut funding by 28% for research into cleaner, more efficient cars and trucks.
rules that would have strengthened the government's ability to deny contracts
companies that violated workplace safety, environmental and other federal laws.
Interior Department appointee Gale Norton to send out letters to state
soliciting suggestions for opening up national monuments for oil and gas drilling, coal mining,
John Negroponte - an un-indicted high level Iran Contra figure - to the
United Nations ambassador.
* Abandoned a campaign pledge to invest $100 million for rain forest conservation.
by 86% the Community Access Program for public hospitals, clinics and providers
of care for people without insurance.
a proposal to increase public access to information about the potential
consequences resulting from chemical plant accidents.
* Suspended rules that would require hardrock miners to clean up sites on Western public lands.
* Cut $60 million from a Boy's and Girl's Clubs of America program for public housing.
to eliminate a federal program designed to help communities (and successfully
used in Seattle) prepare for natural disasters.
* Pulled out of the 1997 Kyoto Treaty global warming agreement.
* Cut $200 million of work force training for dislocated workers.
funding for the Wetlands Reserve Program, which encourages farmers to
maintain wetlands habitat on their property.
* Cut program to provide childcare to low-income families as they move from welfare to work.
* Cut a
program that provided prescription contraceptive coverage to federal employees
(though it still pays for Viagra).
* Cut $700 million in capital funds for repairs in public housing.
Otto Reich - an un-indicted high level Iran Contra figure-to Assistant
of State for Inter-American Affairs.
* Cut Environmental Protection Agency budget by $500 million.
to curtail the ability of groups to sue in order to get an animal placed
Endangered Species List.
rule that mandated increased energy-saving efficiency regulations for central
conditioners and heat pumps.
* Repealed workplace ergonomic rules designed to improve worker health and safety.
campaign pledge to regulate carbon dioxide (CO2), the waste gas that
contributes to global warming.
federal aid to international family planning programs that offer abortion
with other independent funds.
* Closed White House Office for Women's Health Initiatives and Outreach.
David Lauriski - ex-mining company executive-to post of Assistant Secretary
Labour for Mine Safety and Health.