Subject: Euro-trash responce
Thanks for setting Steve straight about Europe.
As a former American who's never coming back
across the pond to live, may I add....
Nice that you measure the costs of WWII in oil,
Steve. Over here we tend to think more of the soldiers who died.
In fact, our Memorial Day is not just a day off
and picnics. We honor the victims and most of the population
participates in that, which is probably why so
many American and Canadian vets come across to visit every year.
Your arrogance would be forgivable if you had
fought your way up the beach at Normandy, but (unless you're
over 60) you have done absolutely nothing to
contribute to what made America great. Your false pride is
obsolete and your hysteria over high gas prices
is quite funny from over here.
While I'm at it, just a few of the other things
that make me love this place,...
1. Our democracy and constitution is still in
2. We didn't illegally invade and occupy another
3. We still observe Habeas Corpus
4. My government doesn't torture people.
5. We don't make prostitution illegal in public
so that Governors, prosecutors,
judges and police officers
can persecute them by day and use their services by night.
6. Guaranteed health care, as Mr. Bart mentioned.
7. Guaranteed unemployment insurance.
8. Nobody goes homeless unless they choose to
be, and though my taxes SEEM high, they are actually
the same as yours after you
add SS and health insurance to your tax bill, and I'm happy to contribute
to a society that helps those
unfortunate who really need it.
9. After a catastrophe, help is there immediately
and practical and psychological support continues for the victims.
10. A pension plan that follows me job to job
(can't loose it all if laid off one year before retiring)
11. I'm considered equal under the eye of the
law here and I am married to my same sex partner just like everyone else
who is married.
12. 10 % of our population is not in prison.
13. We don't spend millions on a prohibition
of drugs while home grown weed being our number one cash crop.
14. Instead of a 'lesser of two evils', 'winner
take all' system of government, we have a truly representative
my party only gets 15% of the vote, I know that 15% of the parliament will
be making my voice heard as well.
15. Almost 80% of the population votes.
16. Our High School graduates can point out Canada
on a map.
17. Our schools don't teach creationism in science
18. No matter what our political differences
are, we are united under our Queen who diligently and
represents and embodies us all.
19. Since we already have royalty, we don't go
assigning royal status to people like Paris Hilton.
20. The metric system. (it makes home improvement
soooooo much easier, trust me)
21. Eight public television stations with great
shows and NO COMMERCIALS!
Gosh, I could go on all day like this.
So, get over yourself, Steve, and stop riding
on what your forefathers did for you,
and start asking what you can do now for your
Back to Bartcop.com
to Bart | Discuss
it on The BartCop Forum | Comment
on it at the BartBlog