Subject: Jane's Top Ten favorite things about Recession Fest 2010
Bart, being a Vegas Virgin, here are my top ten best things about Recession Fest 2010
10. Everything being open all the time--great for night owls.
9. Sightings of the Blues Brothers, David Bowie, and multiple Elvises.
8. Getting to walk down the street with a drink in your hand.
7. People-watching on the Strip.
6. The Rocky and Bullwinkle machine at the Pinball Museum.
5. The sampling of fine tequilas and home brews of beer and mead.
4. Mount Charleston scenery (11,000+ feet, desert floor to snowcaps).
3. The Bellagio fountains. The Bellagio fountains. The Bellagio fountains.
2. Meeting/conversations with all the fest participants.
1. Getting offered $100 by Bart to get out of a poker tournament.
Oh, that Number One looks sinister so maybe I
The purse was to be divided $250, $150 and $50.
Here I was, Mr. Poker, veteran of tens of thousands
of poker hands,
It seemed like a rational thing to do at the time
but I didn't
That would've left me with $50 and Second Place.
New Hampshire Mike wrote:
He's right - flying 3,000 miles to meet some strangers
is kinda scary and I'd think doubly-scary