Current Issue
Back Issues
 Subscribe to BartBlog Feed
How to Read
Members ( need password)
Subscribe to BartCop!
Contact Us
Advertise With Us
Link to Us
Why Donate?
The Forum  -
The Reader
Poster Downloads
Shirts & Shots
BartCop Hotties
More Links
BFEE Scorecard
Perkel's Blog
Power of Nightmares
Clinton Fox Interview
Part 1, Part 2
Money Talks
Cost of Bush's greed
White Rose Society
Project 60
Chinaco Anejo


Search Now:
In Association with

Link Roll
American Politics Journal
Barry Crimmins
Betty Bowers
Consortium News 
Daily Howler
Daily Kos
Democatic Underground 
Disinfotainment Today 
Evil GOP Bastards
Faux News Channel 
Greg Palast
The Hollywood Liberal 
Internet Weekly
Jesus General
Joe Conason 
Josh Marshall
Liberal Oasis
Make Them Accountable 
Mark Morford 
Mike Malloy 
Political Humor -
Political Wire
Randi Rhodes
Rude Pundit 
Smirking Chimp
Take Back the Media
More Links


Locations of visitors to this page

Subject: McCain in his own words

John W. McCain in his own words...

"I would love to be emperor." (1)

"The fact is, (my involvement in the savings and loan crisis) was the wrong thing to do, 
 and it'll be on my tombstone and deservedly so." (2)

"I ridiculed the bill on the floor of the Senate the day I voted for it." (3)

Do you think contraceptives help stop the spread of HIV?
Mr. McCain: (Long pause) "You've stumped me." (4)

On AIDS prevention
McCain: "I'm not very wise on it." (4)

At a recent meeting with the Wall Street Journal editorial board, 
John McCain admitted he "doesn't really understand economics" (5)

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should." (6)

"...the Constitution established the United States of America as a Christian nation." (7)

"I'll never forget that first Christmas when I read from the Nativity story from the 
different Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John."  (7) 
(The nativity story does NOT appear in all the gospels)

"I cannot tell you that I've ever had a revelation from God--it's been kind of plotting." (7)

"Speaking of religions, I think the Greek god hubris played a role in Mr. Rumsfeld's decisions."  (7)
(Does McCain believe in Greek gods? BTW Hubris wasn't a god. It means over-reaching arrogance)

"Thanks for the question, you little jerk. You're drafted." (8)

'The nice thing about Alzheimer's is you get to hide your own Easter eggs.' (9)

McCain speaking in Tucson referred to Leisure World as "Seizure World," 
the East Valley retirement community where, in the 1984 election, 
"97 percent of the people voted and the other 3 percent were in intensive care." (10)

"So our marriage is really based on a tissue of lies." (11)

Asked whether he's lectured his own children about using drugs, McCain replied, 
"I told my thirteen-year-old son I would beat him within an inch of his life."  (12)

"You know, people talk about how bad the POW camp was
in Vietnam, but really we had a lot of fun." (12)

When asked why we have military personnel on food stamps-
"Privates and seamen don't make campaign contributions." (13)


Thanks to Faun Otter

  Back to

Send e-mail to Bart  |  Discuss it on The BartCop ForumComment on it at the BartBlog

Privacy Policy
. .