Where were all these freedom-loving right wingers
during the Bush years?
Thatís a rhetorical question, of course. But one
that should be asked of the morons
now breaking windows and cutting gas lines, all
in the name of freedom from big government.
Well an old gentleman from Chico, California is
asking it. From what Iím told the fellow worked
as a volunteer teaching retirees about Medicare
and COBRA. Hereís his open letter to Republicans.
Sorry, donít know his name, but if you do, let
me know. Pass it on to your favorite Republican/Tea Party member:
We had eight years of Bush
and Cheney, but now you get mad?
You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed
* You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate
* You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.
* You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed..
* You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no
threat to us.
* You didn't get mad when we spent $1 trillion on said illegal war.
* You didn't get mad when over $10 billion dollars (in hard cash) just
"disappeared" in Iraq .
* You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people.
* You didn't get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.
* You didn't get mad when they didn't catch Bin Laden.
* You didn't get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed
* You didn't get mad when they let a major US city drown.
* You didn't get mad when they gave a $1.6 trillion in tax breaks to the
* You didn't get mad when, using reconciliation; a trillion dollars of
our tax dollars were redirected
to insurance companies for Medicare Advantage -- which cost more than 20%
more for the same
services that Medicare provides.
* You didn't get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark, and
our debt hit the thirteen trillion dollar mark.
No, but you did get mad when the government decided
that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick.
Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture,
stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all okay with you,
but helping other Americans... oh hell no!
Back to Bartcop.com
to Bart | Discuss
it on The BartCop Forum | Comment
on it at the BartBlog